Wednesday, April 20, 2016

For an old heretical friend

My dear, you know I love you.  I know we have been romantically linked in the past, and I want what is best for you.  I heard you have a boyfriend now, and y'all have been together for a while.  Well, God bless y'all, because I know your girl needs a dad.   I hope you're doing well.  One problem, do I have,my dear, and it is this.  It is your denial of the apostolic faith of your Iberian fore-bearers.  That faith that was brought to Spain by St. James.  That faith which miraculously made it from Palestine to Spain in a very short (relatively speaking) time.  That faith that James would have had to risk his life to bring to you. Tell me,my dear, how you see the faith of the apostles in John Smyth?How do you not see how you are denying Christ by denying his Church?   Don't you know, the Church is the bride of Christ?  How exactly did you become convinced that Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron qualify as competent theologians?  My  dear, my fear for you is that you will go to hell.  You've already accepted the gospel, you told me that Catholicism was your "true faith".  John 15:4,my dear.  Please read these words carefully.  You claim (but offer no evidence) that Catholicism is "unbiblical".  I seem to recall you being a fan of a certain college (American) football team.  Is that biblical?  "And the Lord said to them, 'Go Dawgs'".  That's certainly not in my Bible.  But here are some things that are in my Bible.  One Faith, One Baptism (not three,my dear) and One Lord. That is Ephesians 4:4-6.  Do you know what else is in the Bible?  The Eucharistic discourse in John 6.  I fail to see how that can be a symbol.  My friend, I fear you will go to Hell.  You have changed your beliefs for your convenience and have failed to believe what is true.  Revelation 21:27 deals with the logical conclusion of purgatory.  For the last seven years (at least) I have been trying to correct your errors (and much of what you say about Catholicism is flat out false).  My friend, I love you, and I want you, much like Our Lord according to Saint Peter, I want you to be saved.  (2 Peter 3:9).  Right now you, you are in the sin of presumption.  You claim "Faith Alone" is how we are saved, but so do millions of other people, some of which approve of things like homosexual acts and abortion, things you would find abhorrent.  Are people who willingly promote those causes, in defiance of what is written in scripture going to be saved, simply because they have faith? (For the record, the only place the Bible mentions Faith Alone, is in the Epistle of James, read the second chapter).  Whether you like this fact or not, there is a reasonable chance that those that believe Faith Alone will go to Hell.  (Matthew 7:21-23, not to mention that St. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 13:13 "the most of these is Love" (Agape in Greek, Charitable love).  This is why I write this my friend.  I love you, and with that love, I would die to save you (John 15:13).  I would go to hell just so you could go to heaven.  Luckily, for both of us, that's not how God works.  Please think logically, and come to a conclusion based on HISTORICAL and PHILOSOPHICAL reading of scripture, and don't do what so many Protestants do, and put your own meaning in it.  I love you my dear friend.  But not more than Jesus does.

No comments:

Post a Comment