Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Yes, Pope Francis is the Pope

        Yes, Pope Francis is the Pope

                    It has recently come to my attention that there is a small (but loud), contingent of Catholics that do not think Francis is the Pope.

            And those people are wrong. 

            First of all, Benedict the 16th himself has no desire to be Pope.

            It has become increasingly common in TLM circles to claim that he’s still the Pope.  If that’s so, he’s the only Anti-Pope in history with no desire to be the Pope. 

            Simply Pope, a bad Pope, or, for that fact, even a heretical Pope, is still the Pope. Remember, Peter denied Jesus three times before the cockcrow (Mt 26:69-75,Mk 14:66-72, Lk 22:59-62, John 18:15,18, 25-27).  Not only did the first Pope deny knowing Jesus, in essence, he denied being his follower.

            I do not believe the gates of Hell prevailed against the Church (Matthew 16:13-19), to do so would be to call Jesus a liar.  Pater, and, by extension, his successors, was told by Our Lord, to feed his lambs and tend his sheep, and even told Peter he was going to die for it (John 21:15-19)

            When my dad fathered me, he gave me his last name (which you probably pronounce wrong).  In a sense I am my father’s successor.  I carry on his name even after his death.  It is not a perfect analogy, but I am just trying to give you a sense of it. 

            So, then, the successors of Peter pass on his office.  All his rights, privileges, etc of the office of the papacy. 

            Francis was validly elected Pope, by his brother bishops, in accord with current Church law on the election of the Pope.  If you PREFER Benedict, that is fine.  But, he voluntarily resigned his papacy.  Nothing Taylor Marshall says is going to change that.  

Follow me on MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/adamcharleshovey

 Gettr:https://gettr.com/user/adamchovey (I was banned from Parler early 2022)

And Rumble:  https://rumble.com/user/AdamCSC

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment