Saturday, June 25, 2022

Who's choice?

 

                                    Who’s choice?

“Consider that I have set before thee this day life and good, and on the other hand death and evil.”-Deuteronomy 30:15

            One of the things we Christians are often accused of is believing a God that sends people to hell.  Not so.  God doesn’t send people to hell, as hell is a choice.  One goes to hell by turning away from God (Matthew 7:21-23).  But, with the recent Dobbs ruling and the overturning of the injustice that is Roe v. Wade, I’ve been thinking.  What do these people mean when they say choice?

            “My body, my choice”, they cry.  Okay, so, why did they choose to have sex?  (Contrary to popular belief, very few abortions are the result of rape).  Could they not have chosen to abstain?  It is possible to live without sex.  I’ve been doing it for a while, now. 

            And, what, exactly, do they mean by “MY BODY”?  How can a separate human being with its own DNA be your body?  If you really believed “My body, my choice”, you’d have abstained from the act that lead to that child’s conception. 

            The baby doesn’t get a choice.  I read that Iceland aborts 100% of Down Syndrome babies. 

            And this is something leftists rejoice in?  Killing disabled children.

            This is personal to me, as I have a diagnosed autism spectrum disorder (and I am not the only one in my family).  Some years ago, there were calls to abort autistic children. 

            Autism is not a physical thing, so, you can’t really tell if someone is autistic until after they're born.  I think there are, sadly, people who want to change that.  It’s nice to know that one of my aunts would be okay with murdering me.

            And that’s what it boils down to.  Just because the law books don’t say it, yet, abortion is murder, if not worse.

             “And the king, answering, shall say to them; Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these least my brethren, you did it to me”-Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment